We love creating something on trend! And whats more on trend at moment than Ombre? Seen in fashion and hairstyles, the word 'ombre' means a gradual change of colour from one to the next, and is super easy to create using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®.
1. Start with the darkest colour at the base of your furniture, for example the feet of your table or chair legs.
2. Mix a little of your second colour into your first colour to lighten the latter.
3. Apply the paler colour above your first colour, using a clean brush to feather the paint while it's still wet. This light feathering will blend each colour into the next.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you reach your palest colour at the top of the piece of furniture.
5. Seal in your paint with Clear Chalk Paint® Wax.
6. At this stage, you can also darken the colour at the bottom of your piece of furniture using Dark or Black Chalk Paint® Wax. This is also the stage when you can distress your piece of furniture, if you want to, using sanding paper, before re-applying Clear Wax.
We sell the complete range of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® at Paloma Studio, including 1L tins and 120ml tester posts. It might be interesting to try a variety of different colours for this effect, such as Antoinette or Lem Lem. We also sell the complete range of waxes, including clear, white and black wax. Our sales assistants will be happy to help with any queries you have.
Paint: 1L tins - £19.99, 120ml tester pots - £5.99
Wax (clear, white and black): 500ml - £9.90, 120ml - £4.99